Sunday, March 1, 2009

How does a 'Ding' feel?

Last post?
September.

Man, you're so inconsistent!
Yeah, I know.

So, why are you writing now?
Because for me, blogging has always been a form of procastination.

What are you putting off, now?
I have a code review to submit on Monday and need to get started! :(

Well, pardon the meaningless to-and-fro above, I'm at an all-time low on inspiration these days. But paraphrasing Ze Frank, I'll let inspiration go take a running dive off the deep end.

Tried for an MBA admit this year round as well. But thought I'd raise my sights from the humble CAT to the slightly more polished GMAT. Wrote the exam, managed a good score, applied to a few places....and? Got dinged at all of them. On the bright side, with the world economy being in the mess it is, maybe its better I didn't end up in some college in the US, worried about who would hire me for my internship. But I did have a call from ISB in Hyderabad, which would have been a good place to do my MBA and move on. Unfortunately, they didn't think so. They gave me false hope by calling me for their interview, and then let me sink. But the interview gave me the opportunity to see their campus for the first time. And I think I'm sold on them for now. So you can count on ISB being in my list the next time I apply.

On an unrelated note, I'm beginning get sick of Chennai. Its time I packed my bags and flew away to some different city, someplace where they have a little bit more of a variety in their cuisine. I'm drowning in sambar here!

After my botched MBA attempt, I've made a list of things I need to improve on, to stand a better change next time. Here it is.
  • A better role at the workplace, leadership position?
  • Start off on community work. Stuff I'm interested in? PETA and CRY.
  • Extra-curicullar activities - Toastmasters!! :)
  • Blogging, personal projects.
So those are what I need to concentrate on.
Any suggestions as to how I could improve?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. :)

Anonymous said...

You want to change cities eh??? and may i ask, any preferences for bangalore???

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the new city offers a wide variety of cuisine ;)