Thursday, November 29, 2007

Bored? No. Blessed.

I'm dead bored.

I've been on the first shift for the last two months. My work gets over at 2pm, after which I have a heavy lunch at the office cafeteria and head back home.

This is where the problem begins. I finished my last book, one by James Herriot, yesterday night. Now I have nothing to do. No book to read, no computer to tinker around with ( on account of my laptop's motherboard having given up the ghost ), and worst of all, no company as everybody else is off at their jobs. I'm just lounging around on my bed, playing mp3s on my phone in the background while I tap away this post. My tennis classes don't begin until Saturday and I can't buy my next set of books until I get my salary at the end of the month, which is in another two days. So I guess I'll have to rough it out for two days.

You know, I've wished many a time, to be able to spend time like this. Where my time belongs solely to me. No deadlines to meet, no chapters to cram, no work to finish. Just to be able to sit lost in thought and allow your mind to wander along any path of its choice. Its a luxury really. But unfortunately, when we ARE able to do that, we call it boredom. So I believe I should be savouring these moments and filing away these memories in my memory palace, available whenever I want to reexperience them, a lot like Dr Hannibal Lector in the Silence of the Lambs ( the book, I've never seen the movie ). I shall proceed to do that now. And if you're reading this post, now is a good time to step away from your computer/cubicle/desk and go to a window and look out. At the wonderful sky, with its billowing clouds, at the trees, the birds. Close your eyes and hold that image in your head a moment. Take a deep breath and realize how lucky you are, if you're able to forget your worries, atleast for a moment. It means that no matter what, your life isn't too bad. There are many who can't put down their worries for even a moment, so you're blessed indeed. Amazing isn't it?

PS: I just realized how my mood changed as I was writing this post. I started off feeling bored and have ended up feeling like I'm in rapture! And I think this post reflects that change. Now I better get back to enjoying the sheer feeling of being young, alive and active.

-----------------------------
Sent from Amit's Motorola A1200, one helluva phone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was this bored!

Anoop said...

u showoff :P,moblogging to glory,i envy ur fone now,looks like u r having lotz of fun,better than hyd isnt it?

silverine said...

Elysian Insanity :)

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

of course ! i got a cell ... thot u'd the no ... wazzup ? boredom over ?